“If we plant a seed in the ground we know that the sun will shine and the rain will water, and we leave it to the Law to bring results…Well, the desire you image is the seed, your occasional closing of the eyes in imagery is the sun, and your constant, though not anxious, expectation is the rain and cultivation necessary to bring absolutely sure results.”
– Frances Larimer Warner
I don’t write about politics, but this post is actually a request from a friend I spoke with today who expressed her displeasure with the choices for president in the upcoming U.S. election. As the saying goes, it ain’t over till the fat lady sings, and she hasn’t sung yet. As I told my friend, there could be a miracle and the results of the election could change. I suggested that she visualize that her candidate has already been elected, and let the Universe do the rest.
I actually don’t know what her political views are, or who her desired candidate is, and I realize that the democratic presidential nominee isn’t locked in yet, but it doesn’t really matter for the purposes of this discussion. At the end of our conversation, she quipped at how we often forget to implement the very things that we teach others to do. So, this post is a reminder to her and you, to never stop believing that you have already received that which you desire, and to show you that visualization is a very effective tool that will surely bring about the manifestation of your desires.
Blog Beats: Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
As I’ve said before, athletes use visualization to help them achieve their goals, and research has shown that the same neuropathways in the brain are activated when you vividly imagine experiencing something as when you actually do it. So, visualization is a powerful tool that you can use to create the life of your dreams – whether you use visualization to manifest your dream home, your ideal job or body, the leader of your country, or all of the above – it’s up to you, your imagination is your only limit.
I wanted to share a real-life story of a manifestation that would illustrate how powerful visualization is, and then I remembered a story that is not only true, but will send chills down your spine.
I once read about an author who wrote a fictional novel in such vivid detail that because the events of the novel came true years later with completely different people, thousands of miles away from him, and yet almost to the letter of the novel, you can’t help but wonder if his novel created the historic event. You decide. This is the foreword from Walter Lord’s 1955 non-fiction book, A Night To Remember:
In 1898 a struggling author, named Morgan Robertson, concocted a novel about a fabulous Atlantic liner, far larger than any that had ever been built. Robertson loaded his ship with rich and complacent people and then wrecked it one cold April night on an iceberg. This somehow showed the futility of everything, and in fact, the book was called ‘Futility‘ when it appeared that year, published by the firm of M. F. Mansfield.
Fourteen years later a British shipping company, named the White Star Line built a steamer remarkably like the one in Robertson’s novel. The new liner was 66,000 tons displacement; Robertson’s was 70,000. The real ship was 882.5 feet long; the fictional one was 800 feet. Both vessels were triple screw and could make 24 – 25 knots. Both could carry about 3,000 people, and both had enough lifeboats for only a fraction of this number. But, then this didn’t seem to matter because both were labelled ‘unsinkable!’
On April 15, 1912, the real ship left Southampton on her maiden voyage to New York. Her cargo included a priceless copy of the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám and a list of passengers collectively worth $250 million dollars. On her way over she too struck an iceberg and went down on a cold April night.
Robertson called his ship the Titan; the White Star Line called its ship the Titanic.
You don’t have to write a 3000+ page novel to manifest your desires, but if you do, please make it a story of a utopian world where everyone is living in abundant joy, and animals are afforded the same rights as human beings – in a world where we are all vegan. 🙂
In the meantime, you can find some tips to help you change your focus and start attracting what you want in this post, and here are some visualization tips that will help you practice imagining that you have received your desires:
- Use your imagination to picture and experience your desires as if they have already manifested, do not see yourself trying to succeed at some point in the future.
- Use of all of your senses – see, hear, feel, touch, smell the world you wish to create.
- When you have a conscious thought about your desire, make the language in your mind match the wish fulfilled. In our example of manifesting the results in the upcoming election, when you think about it, think “my candidate is president“, rather than “my candidate is out of the running“.
- Make sure you are acting in first person in your visualization, do not watch yourself on the movie in your mind, be the actor. If you’re walking into a room, see the room as if you are there, not yourself walking in it. In our example, see your candidate in the Oval.
- Write your mini movie so it’s a clear picture when you visualize it. Create a scene that shows you in the realized goal. In our example, see your candidate giving his or her inaugural speech, feel the excitement in the air, smell the roses, taste the champagne, feel the crisp January air, hear his or her voice thanking the public for their votes, etc.
- Focus on one specific desire at a time.
- The length of your visualization is up to you, it can be long or short. It is said that all you need is 17 seconds to make the impression on your subconscious, just make it vivid.
- Visualization is most effective when you are in a theta brainwave state, which naturally occurs when you’re in that drowsy state before you fall asleep, so imagining your ideal world at night when you get into bed is a great time to practice visualization.
Do you have a desire that seems impossible because “reality” looks different? Not to worry, have faith in your vision, believe that you have already received that which you desire and go to bed every night in your ideal world, and it will become your real world.
It’s your song, so sing it. You are the fat lady. 🙂
Thank you, thank you, thank you!